Enjoy more rustic lodging in our Choza (traditional word for Cabin) located in a cool shady corner of La Mariposa's grounds:
- Please note that our cabin consists of three rooms, each with a separate entrance. There are two rooms on the ground floor and one upstairs which opens out onto a shared balcony.
- Built out of natural, locally sourced materials - volcanic rock, tree poles, bamboo and palms for roofing
- Three cozy rooms - two downstairs and one upstairs. The upstairs room has a relaxing porch area overlooking the trees and coffee bushes
- The bathrooms are shared - located just meters away from the Choza, guests have access to the latrine (a great way to conserve water) and an outdoor shower
- The outdoor shower (well not entirely out of doors - there are walls made of volcanic rock and bamboo, kind of japanese style, and a roof) NOW HAS SOLAR HEATED hot water.
- Rooms are uniquely decorated and equipped with local furnishings
- Perfect for families or groups, or people on a tighter budget
- Cabin guests still benefit from the common areas, delicious meals and eco-amenities of the hotel (see our eco-hotel page for more details)